The good folks at Four Roses Bourbon gifted me a bottle to use in this blondies recipe, and let me tell you, it was incredible. The bourbon was not overpowering, and the combination of butter and brown sugar made these super melty. To boot, the recipe was very simple!
Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (about 1 stick, depending on brand)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbls Four Roses Bourbon
- Optional Sandra signature? Adding a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste!
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and/or cooking spray (I did both!)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in medium/large bowl. Add melted butter and egg. Stir until well combined. Mix in bourbon.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer. Baked for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Remove bar and cool slightly (15 minutes or so). Cut into 9 large bars, 12 smaller bars, or use cookie cutters to make hearts or other shapes.
- Gift to others!
As an aside, I also randomly tried the bourbon in the Esquire cocktail, and it was frothy and delicious; not too sweet and very balanced against Grand Marnier (in case you’re looking for an excuse to break your Dry January spell early).
Four Roses Bourbon and recipe were gifted by The Baddish Group and Four Roses.